Legal Questions and Answers

What forms are needed to correct the title on my rental property to show my true ownership?

My Dad (joint partner) and I bought a Duplex. We agreed that since the idea was mine, I would pay for it and own it. I paid a total of 99.6% of the total duplex property and have proof of my payments. Deeds are incorrect (joint tenancy) and should have my true percentage of ownership. I improved the property, had it assessed by the assessor. My property taxes were understandabl...

01/12/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: California   |   #394

What can I do about the dealer that did not put up my mobile home correctly causing severe damage?

I bought a mobile home from a dealer. He was also paid to deliver the home and correctly place it on the lot. My home is breaking in two and when I call him he hangs up on me.

01/12/2007   |   Category: Personal Pro... » Mobile homes   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #393

Are there any pro-bono attorneys in the Sacramento area?

Are there any pro-bono attorneys in the Sacramento area? How do I find one?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Courts » Attorneys   |   State: California   |   #390

Can I petition the Supreme Court of PA for a review of a magisterial district judge certification?

Can I petition the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania for a review of a magisterial district judge certification examination score?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Courts   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #388

How does a grandparent seek custody of children who have been taken by the state?

If a child or children are taken from the parent or parents for any reason, can a grandparent ask to be granted legal custody? How would one go about doing so? Are there any web sites where one might go to find out more information on this matter?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: California   |   #387

Can my wife and I change her son's name without the biological father's consent?

My twelve year old son's biological father has been incarcerated for the majority of his life. I have provided for my son for nine years with little to no child support (no more than 1000 dollars) from the father. There is no steady contact from his father and he has expressed no interest in his son's life. My twelve year old would like to take on my last name to be recognized ...

01/12/2007   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: New York   |   #386

Can you place a lien against a vehicle for work that already has a lien against it?

I am a mechanic for a used car dealer in Grand Saline, TX. My employer asked me to find out what is involved in filing a lien against a customer. We have a bunch of labor and parts and haven't been paid a dime. The vehicle has a $3000.00 dollar lien against it already. Is there any chance we will be able to recoup this loss?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Automobiles » Mechanics Lien   |   State: Texas   |   #385

How do I drop my lawsuit in a divorce action?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Nevada   |   #384

What forms are needed for an owner financing of a property?

I plan to sell a property and plan to carry the note for a period of 20 or so years. Which forms are needed for this transaction and what forms are needed to be submitted/recorded to the County to show that the new tenants will be paying the taxes for 2007.

01/12/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Texas   |   #383

At what age can my step children choose to live with me after the divorce?

At what age can my step children choose to live with me after the divorce? They do not want to live with their real mother.

01/12/2007   |   Category: Minors » Age of Major...   |   State: Montana   |   #382