Legal Questions and Answers

Can the police force a minor to move home even if parents do not want minor at home?

A 17 year old female told mother and stepfather she wanted to leave home after a long time of emotional distress at home, and they allowed this to happen, knowing where she was going to be. She got a job and was still attending school except for one day when she was sick and failed to go to school. Even though she handled the missing school matter, by not notifying her mother o...

01/12/2007   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: Texas   |   #365

How can I become emancipated at 16 in Texas if I already have a child myself?

I am 16 years old and have a 2 month old daughter and still currently live with the father of my child and living with my parents. The father is going overseas. How can I get emancipated in Texas?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: Texas   |   #364

How do you file a habeas corpus in abeyance?

How do you file a habeas corpus in abeyance? Would filing it in abeyance be a petition or a motion? Is it separate from the habeas corpus? Or should it be in the writ itself?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #363

How does a failed business honor contracts once they are closed?

If we sign a two year contract with our company, and the company subsequently shuts down operations, will the company have to honor our contract?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Maryland   |   #362

What does it take legally to open my own tattoo parlor?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Corporations » Professional...   |   State: Texas   |   #360

What are the requirements to become emancipated?

I am 14 years old. Both of my parents are alcoholics and I can't depend on them. I have been in foster care for 3 or 4 months now. Is there a way that I can get a job and take care of myself. I have heard the word emancipation. Is it possible for a 14 year old to be emancipated?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: Minnesota   |   #359

How do I replace my child's passport that was lost or stolen while overseas?

A minor child and one parent have traveled outside the United States and the child's passport has been lost or stolen. Can the other parent (who is still in the U.S.) apply and obtain the minor child's passport without the child being physically present at the time of application? Please note that the child is still out of the country.

01/12/2007   |   Category: Immigration » Passports   |   State: Michigan   |   #358

Where do I go to print out a copy of the Mississippi drivers license application form?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Drivers License   |   State: Mississippi   |   #357

What is a mortgage release form from our bank?

My husband and I have received a mortgage release form from our bank that states that the property (our address) is paid, satisfied, released, and discharged. What does this mean?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Real Property » Mortgage Sat...   |   State: Kentucky   |   #356

What can I do about a porn site using my family name on their website?

A porn/sex toy website has and is using my family name without my knowledge and permission. On what ground can I file a law suit?

01/12/2007   |   Category: Corporations » Professional...   |   State: Alabama   |   #355