Legal Questions and Answers

If my husband gave custody of our son to his family without my consent, how do I get him back?

My husband gave guardianship of our son to members of his family; people I have never met. They are hiding my son from me, and I don't know if he is in Oklahoma or Texas. What recourse do I have?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #99

What is the process to make a change to a will?

I currently have a will on file in Nebraska. The Attorney who made the will is no longer in practice and I would like to make a change to the will. Do I need to have a new one made or may I type up the change I want, have it notarized and register the change? Will this hold up in a probate court? Please let me know if you have a form that I can purchase to make this change.

01/03/2007   |   Category: Living Wills   |   State: Nebraska   |   #98

Should I have an alternate "true lawful attorney" for my Power of Attorney?

I have named my wife as my "true lawful attorney" in my Durable Power of Attorney. Should I name an alternate in case she is unable to act in this capacity? If so, how?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #97

How can I file an answer to a complaint for divorce without an attorney?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Georgia   |   #96

Where do I file a mechanic's lien?

Where do I file a mechanic's lien?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Contractors » Construction...   |   State: Nebraska   |   #95

What is the process to sign over my parental rights?

I'm interested in signing over my parental rights. What exactly do I need to do? I have been supporting my children (their mother has custody) since they were born. I'm required to have separate medical coverage when it's not even used. I can't enroll in school due to back support I owe.

01/03/2007   |   Category: Paternity » Termination ...   |   State: Iowa   |   #94

How does someone respond to a modification of child support?

I am writing for my husband who pays support for his two children. The mother has petitioned for a modification of support since she quit her job. She makes $96,200 per year. He makes $49,500. How do I respond to this petition? What do I mail to the court? We can't afford a lawyer. He is ahead on child support $2,000. He is also providing health insurance, though the mother was...

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce » Child Support   |   State: Florida   |   #93

What type of deed form would I need to add a spouse to my existing deed?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Real Property » Deeds   |   State: Texas   |   #92

What form do I need to have a retailer complete before making a delivery to the retailer of liquor?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Contracts » BuySell Agre...   |   State: Illinois   |   #91

If my soon to be ex-wife is supposedly pregnant will this keep me from filing for divorce?

If my soon to be ex-wife is supposedly pregnant will this keep me from filing for divorce? Also, is there anything that can be done to keep her from prolonging the divorce? She said that she will do everything she can to prolong and stretch out the divorce as along as possible. Is there a way to expedite a divorce so I do not have to wait 6 months for it to be final?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: California   |   #90