Legal Questions and Answers

Can my Mom not have to support me in Maryland when I am 16?

My mom is a widow. She is dating a guy, who apparently hates me. I guess because of this my mom is refusing to give me money for my personal expenses. She has stopped my pocket money as well. Can I complain against my mom? I am 15 years old and a resident of Maryland.

03/07/2017   |   Category: Minors » Custody   |   State: Maryland   |   #33504

What is the punishment for child non-support in Texas?

My brother lives with his kids (7 and 14 year old girls) in Texas. His wife left him one month ago. It seems that she doesn’t want to take the responsibility of kids and so she decided to move out. Can a mother refuse to take the responsibility of her own kids?

03/07/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: Texas   |   #33503

What is the punishment for child non-support in Vermont?

My friend left her husband and baby for a job in N.Y. Her husband is still living in the hope that my friend would return for the baby’s sake. If my friend never returns and refuses to take care of her baby, would she be punishable under the law prevailing in Vermont.

03/07/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: Vermont   |   #33502

What is the punishment for child non-support in Virginia?

My ex-husband is paying child support to his son (12 year old) regularly. Now we are planning to have a baby, which means our expenses would increase. If my husband refuses to pay child support to his kids, would he be punished? We live in Virginia.

03/07/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: Virginia   |   #33501

What is the punishment for child non-support in Washington?

My sister’s husband refuses to look after his kids. My sister is looking for a job, until then she literally has no means to support her two kids. My brother in law is earning well and owns five hotels in Washington. Can we approach the court against my brother in law?

03/07/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: Washington   |   #33500

What is the punishment for not being regular with child support payments in West Virginia?

The court ordered my ex-husband to pay 10,000 dollars as child support to our 5-year-old twins. He is not been regular with the payments lately. It’s been over months now that I received any payments (child support) from my ex-husband. What is the punishment for not being regular with child support payments in West Virginia?

03/07/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: West Virginia   |   #33499

What is the punishment for child non-support in Wyoming?

I’ve never had cordial relationship with my parents. Now it’s gotten worse as my mom & dad have kicked me out of the house. I’m 15 years old and don’t have job, nor do I have money to pay for my school fee or other needs. What can I do in this situation? I am a resident of Wyoming.

03/07/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: Wyoming   |   #33498

What is the consequence of non-payment of child support in Ohio?

I live in Ohio. My ex-wife and I have two children together. I gambled away the money meant for child support payments for my children. What kind of trouble am I looking at?

03/07/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: Ohio   |   #33496

What is the consequence of non-payment of child support in South Dakota?

My ex-wife and I have a son together. I was supposed to pay for his child support last week but failed to make the payments. Will I get into trouble for failing to make child support payments in South Dakota?

03/07/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: South Dakota   |   #33495

What is the punishment for child non-support in Minnesota?

The court granted the custody of my 7-year-old child to me and ordered my husband to provide support for my child in Minnesota. But he has not provided support for the last 2 months. What is the punishment for him for his failure to provide support?

03/07/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: Minnesota   |   #33494