Legal Questions and Answers

Can my Landlord send me notices of rent increase or to vacate by email?

My Landlord sent me a notice of rent increase and later a notice to vacate by email. Is that legal notice and do I have to respond to an email notice?

05/03/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: California   |   #36618

I rent an apartment in California and sometimes have guests overnight. Some are related family and others not. The landlord is complaining about others staying in my apartment. Does the landlord have the right to prohibit me from having overnight guests.

05/03/2017   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Guests   |   State: California   |   #36617

I need to know how to prove the elements of kidnapping?

I need to know how to prove the elements of kidnapping can you help thanks.

05/03/2017   |   Category: Criminal » Kidnapping   |   State: Virginia   |   #36587

Can the birth certificate of an adoptee be restored to the original if the adoption is annulled?

The court annulled the adoption of my nephew. Now, can he revert to his previous name? Can the birth certificate be restored?

05/03/2017   |   Category: Vital Records » Birth Certif...   |   State: Vermont   |   #36565

Can I get the birth certificate in WV for my son who was adopted from a foreign country?

I adopted an Indian boy through a court in West Virginia. Can I get his birth certificate from this state or shall I get it from India?

05/03/2017   |   Category: Vital Records   |   State: West Virginia   |   #36564

How can I add my husband's name on my son’s birth certificate if he established paternity?

My husband established the paternity of my son through a court order. Can I add his name on my son's birth certificate? How is it done?

05/03/2017   |   Category: Paternity » Birth Certif...   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #36563

How can a person get a new birth certificate for an adopted child in Wyoming?

My husband and I adopted a child. How can we get a new birth certificate for our adopted son? Can we change his birth place or original date of birth in the new birth certificate?

05/03/2017   |   Category: Vital Records   |   State: Wyoming   |   #36562

Can a person add his father’s name and surname in his birth certificate after the marriage of his birth parents?

My parents were in a live-in relationship while I was born. They were not married to each other. But they got married when I was 12 years. Now I'm 14. Neither my father's name nor his surname was on my birth certificate. Can I add my father's name and surname in my birth certificate now?

05/03/2017   |   Category: Vital Records   |   State: ALL   |   #36559

Can a person register his child's name in Michigan after a long delay?

We couldn't register our son’s birth due to some conflicts between me and my husband regarding his name and surname. He turned 5 years when we finally decided the matter in a common interest. Is a birth registration necessary in Michigan? Can we register his name now in order to get his birth certificate?

05/03/2017   |   Category: Vital Records   |   State: Michigan   |   #36558

Are engagement rings and jewelry marital assets?

05/02/2017   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Michigan   |   #36511