Legal Questions and Answers

Can writing with your finger in dust on an object, (i.e. a car window) be considered defacing property?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Illinois   |   #33607

How long has marijuana been legal and how/ what was the fight to legalize marijuana possible?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Criminal » Drugs   |   State: District Of Columbia   |   #33606

Can I place funds into a profit sharing plan after year end?

Our LLC, S corp, has a profit sharing plan which places money in each employees individually directed retirement account. My question is, is it legal to place funds into a retirement account after the fiscal year or even the calendar year has passed ( i.e. contributing to 2016, or even earlier)?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Employment   |   State: Illinois   |   #33603

Do I have to pay for a utility related charge that was not disclosed in my lease?

I live in an apartment complex in Tustin,CA. I'm billed directly for gas and electric. A Utilities Billing Service gathers water, sewer and trash fees billed to the complex owner, prorates those fees according the number of units and sends me a bill. Recently, a new item identified as O.C. Sanitation District was added ($19) to the bill. There was no prior notice of this add...

03/08/2017   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: California   |   #33601

My 21 year old son wants to change his last name to my maiden name. Can he do that?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Indiana   |   #33600

I have had my 2 grandkids for 4 yrs with no help from the parents. how do i get custody

03/08/2017   |   Category: Minors » Custody   |   State: Alabama   |   #33596

Do I need to have a lawyer in order to change my will, which is presently included in my living trust?

Do I need to have a lawyer in order to change my will, which is presently included in my living trust documents? If not, what must I do?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Illinois   |   #33593

If we ever see poaching happening what should we do? Do we confront the person what is the best choice.

03/08/2017   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Iowa   |   #33592

Does a person who buys and sells homes on contract subject to any laws?

If there is a guy that lives in another state that buys up houses that are in poor condition and sells them on contract, does he have laws he has to follow. Was told passed inspection and there is no way it did. Anything we can do? He has several people "take care " of the properties so he should know condition. Is this right?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Real Property » Contract for...   |   State: Indiana   |   #33591

I had heart attack 8 months ago and can do light work but my employer wants me to be fully released.

I had heart attack 8 months ago I have a letter for me from my doctor stating I'm able to go back to work on light duty no heavy lifting I went to back to work on Monday the six a February work 10 hours that day delivering tires. Now Wednesday my job tells me that I can't come back to work until I get a letter from my doctor releasing me completely what should I do. now my he...

03/08/2017   |   Category: Employment   |   State: New Jersey   |   #33590