Legal Questions and Answers

Seller refuses to sell me an item we agreed to sell and purchase.

Hi, I recently won a action for a measuring arm that went for $2000, A day after the "sales" the seller decided not to sell. According to the user agreements we are entering a legally binding contract, so Im looking to get more information as what my rights are in this matter and if I should move forward or not Thank you

03/08/2017   |   Category: Contracts » Breach of Co...   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #33621

Is a Power of Attorney executed in one State valid in another?

I had a power of attorney paper for my brother for his medical in ohio he moved to a different state do the paper work still stand in a different state

03/08/2017   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Ohio   |   #33619

Can i get custody of children if father is abusive towards me and the children?

Can i get custody of children if father is abusive towards me plus me and the children stay with him. He doesn't want me to work so that he can control me. What options do I have? He always tries to play the victim as well and put everything on me...

03/08/2017   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Illinois   |   #33618

Can I get a drivers license if I move to Ohio from Michigan where I cannot get one?

I pointed out 10 years ago with my michigan state license. It's been nothing but hoops to get it back. Can I get an ohio state drivers license now that I've moved ?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Drivers License   |   State: Michigan   |   #33617

When a City Council has a Motion and Second and another Motion is made what happens?

I was at a city council meeting and a councillor made a motion which was then seconded, while discussion was beginning to take place another councillor made a motion which favored his opinion. City staff then indicated that the secondary motion was now priority and would be voted on before the original motion. I just don't see how this fair because if someone doesn't like ano...

03/08/2017   |   Category: Government   |   State: California   |   #33616

When does my lease expire if I was provided a new lease to sign?

My landlord sent me a new lease in July of last year, The Original lease when I moved in was March.But the new lease wasn't even sent to me to sign until July and now he is saying my lease is up inm March . Which one is correct?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Residential ...   |   State: Minnesota   |   #33615

Can my Mother get the money back she loaned us to build a house?

My mother used her money to built on to our house, $150,000.00. It was never written down but said between us that if anything happen or sell, we would pay her back, she has only been in this space 3 1/2 years when my husband and I are divorcing. He says he owns her nothing! I do have emails between us saying he would, us pay her her on the sell of our home. Can she put a...

03/08/2017   |   Category: Debts and Cr... » Lending   |   State: North Carolina   |   #33614

Is it true that if a loan institution passes your debt to another loan institution you are no longer obligated?

Is it true that if a loan institution passes your debt to another loan institution you are no longer obligated to pay back the debt.

03/08/2017   |   Category: Debts and Cr... » Lending   |   State: West Virginia   |   #33612

If forgery-utter is changed to a traffic violation with 2yrs. probation is that a felony?

If the court dropped my husbands forgery-utter to a traffic violation with 2 yrs.probation is that a felony this happened 10 yrs.ago trying 2 get into hud

03/08/2017   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: New York   |   #33610

Can we cut roots of our neighbors tree that are on our property and may damage our foundation?

Neighbors tree roots breaking block wall and our side yard concrete. Could damage our foundation. Can we cut the tree roots on our side. Does the neighbor need to cut down the tree.

03/08/2017   |   Category: Trees   |   State: California   |   #33608