Legal Questions and Answers

Can a minor get a tattoo in New Jersey without a parent's consent?

Yesterday my neighbor's 16 year old girl had asked me to do tattooing for her as I am a trained tattooist. But I hesitated to do, she insists. Is there any restriction in New Jersey in tattooing a minor?

06/23/2017   |   Category: Minors » Body Art   |   State: New Jersey   |   #40595

Can a minor get a body piercing in New York without consent of the parents?

I am a body piercing professional and employing in a piercing studio in New York. My sister’s 13 year old daughter had asked me to pierce her ears. Can I do piercing for her?

06/23/2017   |   Category: Minors » Body Art   |   State: New York   |   #40594

Can a minor get a tatoo or other body art in North Dakota without parental consent?

I want to brand a design on my left leg just below the knee. I am 16 years and my parents are not agreeing with this, so I went alone to a body art studio in North Dakota. There the tattoo professional asked me to get parental approval, otherwise it is an offense. Unless I get the permission he said he won’t perform body art for me. Is it an offense if I do it without consent?

06/23/2017   |   Category: Minors » Body Art   |   State: North Dakota   |   #40593

How can a minor get consent to perform ear piercing with gun in Ohio?

My 14 year old daughter wants to do ear piercing with an ear piercing gun. We are residents of Ohio and I would like to give her the consent to perform piercing. How can I give her the consent? What is the procedure?

06/23/2017   |   Category: Minors » Body Art   |   State: Ohio   |   #40592

Can a minor get body art in Oklahoma without consent?

We want to look different for the coming school day events. So my friend put forward an idea to perform certain body arts. We approached a tattooist for body piercing and tattoo. But he denied our requirement, saying that as we are only 15 years we need our parents’ permission for the procedure. We reside in Oklahoma and how can we push on to do the body art?

06/23/2017   |   Category: Minors » Body Art   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #40591

Can a minor get a tattoo or body art in Pennsylvania without consent of parents?

Yesterday I went to a tattoo studio in Pennsylvania to perform piercing my nose and eyebrows. I am a 17 year old high school student. But the tattooist did not let me do, says that minors are not allowed any body art. Is it true, am I not able to do any tattoo or piercing?

06/23/2017   |   Category: Minors » Body Art   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #40590

What is the Statute of Limitations in Arizona?

06/22/2017   |   Category: Statute of Limitat...   |   State: Arizona   |   #40505

Does a signed promissory note need to be notarized or witnessed?

Does a signed promissory note need to be notarized to be an official document? My son lent a friend money and when my son tried to collect the unpaid debt, he was told since the borrower's signature wasn't notarized it is not an official document and he can't take the promissory note to court to sue for his money. Is that true?

06/16/2017   |   Category: Debts and Cr... » Promissory N...   |   State: ALL   |   #40179

How can I legally remove an abandoned boat from my property in Montana?

06/12/2017   |   Category: Abandoned Property   |   State: Montana   |   #39891

How can I get my ex-fiancee’s belongings out of my house if he abandoned those?

Me and fiancee have been together 6 yrs but live in my house . We broke up 6 days ago and he hasn't been back to get anything nor will he answer my texts asking when will he get stuff out of my house . Just tells me I'm harassing him . When can I get his stuff out of my house when he wont answer or come get anything. We're located in Florida

06/08/2017   |   Category: Abandoned Property   |   State: Florida   |   #39557