Legal Questions and Answers

What are Primary Residence or Homestead rights of separate property in Texas?

Primary residence rights of separate property

05/14/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Texas   |   #37140

What Happens to Property if the Beneficiary Named in the Will is Deceased?

if property is listed in a will as 'absolute' to a person and that person was deceased prior to the person that made the will, what happens to that property?

05/14/2017   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Representati...   |   State: South Carolina   |   #37136

If you do not get a lunch breakcan the employer have you take the time off at a later date?

if you do not get a lunch breakcan the employer have you take the time off at a later date?

05/14/2017   |   Category: Employment   |   State: ALL   |   #37128

Is a HOA Required to Provide a Balance Sheet to all Homeowners?

Our HOA has provided its balance sheet electronically on their website. Are they required by law to mail every homeowner a copy as well?

05/14/2017   |   Category: Real Property » Homeowner's ...   |   State: Florida   |   #37127

Do I have to take my 17 year old son back if his uncle has temporary custody?

I gave custody of my 17 year son to his uncle but the judge made it temporary. He lived with him 10 months, which included a whole school year. He is 6 months from turning 18 and now his uncle wants to force me to take him back. I told him to take me back to court. Im refusing to let him come back tonlive with me. He has had a great negative influence on his brother that has ...

05/13/2017   |   Category: Minors » Custody   |   State: Illinois   |   #37125

What is the Statute of Limitations for personal injury?

I was injured several years ago in an auto accident but just now wanting to file suit. What is the Statute of Limitations for personal injury?

05/13/2017   |   Category: Statute of L... » Civil Matters   |   State: ALL   |   #37123

Does a false down payment amount within a contract void the contract?

05/13/2017   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: Minnesota   |   #37122

My husband had a affair the girl is pregnant. How do we get custody?

My husband had a affair the girl is pregnant she wants to give up her rights to my husband and I what do we do to get custody she is due in August??

05/13/2017   |   Category: Paternity   |   State: Texas   |   #37120

What are the requirements to be come a ward of the state?

what are the requirements to be come a ward of the state

05/13/2017   |   Category: Guardianship   |   State: ALL   |   #37108

Is personal property left on an adjoining lot considered abandoned in Massachusetts?

Personal property of mine was found to be on the wrong side of my lot line. I received notice from the abutter to remove the property within 30 days, but was unable to do so. When I did try retrieve the property, I was prevented from doing so by the abutter because I did not comply with the time frame he provided. Have I abandoned or lost ownership of that property?

05/10/2017   |   Category: Abandoned Property   |   State: Massachusetts   |   #36977