Legal Questions and Answers

Do I get paid for vacation time if I quit my job?

I quit my job to start my own business, and I still have 2 weeks of vacation left, do I still get my vacation pay?

04/26/2017   |   Category: Employment   |   State: Missouri   |   #36347

In 2018 I'll be fourteen will it be legal to get my body pierced if my parents are with me?

In 2018 I'll be fourteen will it be legal to get my body pierced if my parents are with me

04/25/2017   |   Category: Minors » Body Art   |   State: Ohio   |   #36332

How do i prove that i did not commit a bigamist act?

how do i prove that i did not commit a bigamist act?

04/25/2017   |   Category: Marriage » Bigamy   |   State: Virginia   |   #36326

My father's Will specified that my stepmother would inherit and upon her death it would go to his children.

My father recently died. His will specified that my stepmother would inherit and upon her death it would be divided equally among the two stepchildren and my brother and me. Now my stepmother is stating her will states anything left would go to her children only. Can she do that?

04/25/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: South Dakota   |   #36324

My mother passed away leaving a will and her sister as Executor but the Sister left us. What do we do?

My mother passed away leaving a will and her sister as Executor. My aunt left us and I dont know what shes doing. What do I do now?

04/25/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: New York   |   #36323

Can my Mother force me to take my name off the deed to her house?

Me and my mother own the house she lives in. Both names are on the deed. Can she force me to take my name off the deed

04/25/2017   |   Category: Real Property » Deeds   |   State: Illinois   |   #36316

How would I correct my name in the birth certificate in Illinois?

I have a passport with the name I've been using all my life but in my birth certificate my last name is different. My mom and dad were not married but when they got married I started using my dad's last name on all my paperwork. My license and SSN have a different last name from my birth certificate how can I straighten it out

04/25/2017   |   Category: Vital Records   |   State: Illinois   |   #36313

Will I be considered an adult when I graduate high school at 17?

I will graduate high school at 17 two months after I will turn 18. Will I be considered an adult when I graduate high school even though it will be two months or less till I turn 18?

04/24/2017   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: ALL   |   #36241

Does the wife of my deceased brother have any rights is they were separated for 14 years?

I have a power of attorney that my brother signed in 2011 when he went to jail in South Carloina He was released and kept me with the POA. He moved to Florida and has been there for the last 7 years. He past away on March 28th. I found out he was still married but they been apart for 14 years and living in different states. Do she still have more rights then my POA even tho the...

04/24/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: ALL   |   #36240

If I am the Plaintiff and haven't filed a lawsuit yet, does the Defendant have the right to request info

If I am the Plaintiff and haven't filed a lawsuit yet, does the Defendant have the right to request info from me. Ramsey County, MN

04/24/2017   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Minnesota   |   #36238