Legal Questions and Answers

What is the punishment for child non-support in Connecticut?

My boyfriend wishes to revoke his will that he made a year ago. How can a person revoke a will in Connecticut?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Connecticut   |   #33645

How can a will be revoked in Alaska?

My husband made a will when he was a bachelor. Now he wants to revoke the will and make a new one. How can a will be revoked in Alaska?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Revocation   |   State: Alaska   |   #33644

What is the punishment for child non-support in New York?

I insulted my dad’s gf. After that, my dad’s attitude towards me has changed completely. He refuses to pay my school fee, stopped buying me clothes, school supplies etc. I literally have to beg him for everything. How can I get my dad behind the bars for not giving child support to me? I am 15 years old and a resident of N.Y.

03/09/2017   |   Category: Minors   |   State: New York   |   #33643

What is the punishment for child non-support in Illinois?

Five months ago, the Illinois family court ordered my son to pay child support to his child (who lives his ex-wife). Now he tells me that he never paid the child support amount. I am a bit worried about him now. Can the court punish him for not violating court’s child support order?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: Illinois   |   #33642

What is the punishment for child non-support in Arkansas?

My son lost both his legs in an accident last year. The same year his father left him and me and moved to another house in Arkansas. He comes to visit us often, as his house is pretty close by. But he refuses to pay any child support to our son. How can I get child support from my husband?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: Arkansas   |   #33641

What is the punishment for child non-support in Arizona?

My dad is not ready to provide child support to me. I am just 15 years old and solely dependent on my parents. In Arizona, is there any law that punishes parents for not paying child support to their minor kids?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Minors » Child Support   |   State: Arizona   |   #33640

I forgot to include my middle name as the Testator on my Will. What do I do?

My will was prepared and is ready to be executed. I forgot to include my middle name as the Testator. Does it have to be rewritten or can I just insert it myself?

03/09/2017   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Texas   |   #33638

Would a settlement agreement with broad release language with a private university bar an action based on my student loan?

I was a student at a private university. I filed a lawsuit alleging breach of contract and disability discrimination. We agreed to an amicable settlement, the settlement agreement very broadly waives any right to future claims. Can the university waive my right to file a borrower's defense claim with the Department of Education (DoE) to discharge my student loans? There is some...

03/08/2017   |   Category: Contracts » Releases   |   State: Oregon   |   #33635

Do I have to sign for a certified letter with no return address?

if you receive a certified notice for a letter to be picked up at the post office and it has no return address do i have to sign for it?

03/08/2017   |   Category: Misc   |   State: Florida   |   #33628

What happens when a Will appears to have inconsistent provisions?

I AM AN EXECUTOR AND BENFICIARY OF PART OF AN ESTATE AND THE FOLLOWING CLAUSE IS INDEED IN IT BEQUEETHING BTO SOMEONE ELSES NAME, "I will, devise, bequeath and give all the rest and remainder of my property and estate of every kind and character, including, but not limited to, real and personal property in which I may have an interest at the date of my death and which is not ot...

03/08/2017   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Will Forms   |   State: Delaware   |   #33622