Legal Questions and Answers

Can land in Ohio be landlocked?

Can land in Ohio be landlocked? I heard that land can no longer be landlocked in Ohio.

01/09/2007   |   Category: Real Property » Easements   |   State: Ohio   |   #269

What is the Cap for Filing a Claim in Small Claims Court?

I filed a mechanics lien on a house that I had built a room addition on the property for the owner. I had an oral agreement that I would be compensated for my labor at the time of her selling the property. Now she has sent me notice to file suit to collect on the lien. The lien is for $23,000.00. Is it to big for a small claims court?

01/09/2007   |   Category: Contractors » Construction...   |   State: Illinois   |   #268

How do I notify the mortgage company I am the owner by joint tenancy of the deceased?

I have quitclaim deed by way of joint tenancy, with rights to survivorship. The mortgage is not in my name. I want to pay-off, negotiate, or sell the property however, I am not the personal representative for the deceased mortgagor, so the mortgage company will not talk with me. Basically, I own the deceased interest in the property and am being prevented from obtaining it. Wha...

01/09/2007   |   Category: Real Property » Mortgage Sat...   |   State: Arkansas   |   #267

Am I Legally Married if I think my Wife Used a Fake Name and Social When We Got Married?

If my wife knowingly gave a false social security number and I think even a false name, am I legally married since she left me 5 years ago and I have not heard from her since.

01/09/2007   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Nebraska   |   #266

In a landlord lease agreement to a business, who is responsible for carpet replacement?

In a landlord lease agreement to a business, who is responsible for carpet replacement when it is not defined in lease?

01/09/2007   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Vermont   |   #264

How do I cancel a Will without writing another Will?

01/09/2007   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #263

If the Landlord Had Someone Sign the Lease For Me Is It Still Valid?

My landlord filed an unlawful detainer action (eviction) against me. She filed a rental agreement as Exhibit 1, stating that I am not in compliance with our agreement; therefore I should be evicted. However, I never saw the agreement before nor did I sign. Her daughter signed it without my knowledge. Could her daughter's signing the agreement be used in court against the daugh...

01/09/2007   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: California   |   #262

What is a residential disclosure and a release?

What is a residential disclosure and a release? My realtor is asking me to sign it.

01/09/2007   |   Category: Real Property » Residential ...   |   State: Arizona   |   #261

Why are legal documents required to have a signature and date?

01/09/2007   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: Maryland   |   #260

Can I take the vehicle from my ex-husband that is in my name if he is not paying for it?

The judge ordered my ex-husband to be responsible for the debt of a vehicle. I was the primary borrower on the loan. I have been getting collection calls for past due payments on the vehicle because it is about to be repossessed by the loan company. Can I take the vehicle without my ex-husbands permission to keep it from being repossessed and to keep the finance company from...

01/09/2007   |   Category: Debts and Credit   |   State: Alabama   |   #259