Legal Questions and Answers

Can a lien be filed against the home my mother willed me and my siblings?

My mother died and she willed her home to her children. If we keep the home in the family and not sell it, can someone filed a lien or get money for credit cards or other debt she owed?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: North Carolina   |   #1114

What can I do to get a contract in place on the business I own with my brother?

Last year (January of 2006) my brother made an oral agreement with me that I would have a 50 percent partnership in the gas station business. Out of the net profits, my share would go towards paying off the business. I even paid him 100,000 dollars towards the cost of the business. A few days back my friend’s family died in a car accident and now I am very worried. What will ha...

01/31/2007   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: California   |   #1107

What are my duties as executrix of my mother's estate?

My mother named me as executrix of her estate. Can anyone else take care of any duties of her estate?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: North Carolina   |   #1094

What is the inmate treaty program at Centinela State Prison in California?

My brother-in-law is incarcerated in Centinela State Prison in California and has been given the choice to agree to the inmate treaty program. We would like to know the exact details of what this means?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: California   |   #1093

What forms do I need to use as a "disclaimer" to property?

What forms do I need to use as a "disclaimer" to property? My aunt left me her condominium she is deceased) and there is no valid will. The form I am looking for is one to have my sister and my uncle to sign, so that they legal acknowledge to have no interest in the condominium.

01/31/2007   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: Illinois   |   #1092

How can I stop the closing if I signed a contract to sell under duress?

I signed a contract to sell real property under duress. How can I stop the closing?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Contracts   |   State: California   |   #1086

How do I begin applying for social security for my daughter?

I am trying to begin paperwork for SSI for my daughter who will be 18 in April. Where do I begin?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Social Security   |   State: Louisiana   |   #1080

Can the attorney-in-fact of a power of attorney resign?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Power of Attorney   |   State: Alabama   |   #1061

How do I file a motion to set aside a writ of execution for a bank levy?

I need to make a motion to set aside a writ of execution for a bank levy. I was sued by a creditor. Can you tell what forms I will need?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Debts and Credit   |   State: California   |   #1057

Are we required to pay my deceased father's bills out of our inheritance?

Our father passed away a year ago and we are now told that the money is made out to the daughters, equally, and at the attorneys office to be picked up. The executor said that the bills still need to be paid to her, the attorney and one doctor bill. 1. Is there a set amount that the executor is paid in Wisconsin? 2. Doesn't the lawyer have to supply a statement of w...

01/31/2007   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #1046