Legal Questions and Answers

Do our churches need to post a No Smoking Sign since this law has recently passed in Ohio?

Do our churches need to post a No Smoking Sign since this law has recently passed in Ohio? We have 86 churches in our denomination.

01/31/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions   |   State: Ohio   |   #966

My tenants are not at the property and no one has been at the property since November. Can I change the locks on the propert...

My tenants are not at the property and no one has been at the property since November. Can I change the locks on the property and put their stuff out.

01/31/2007   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Michigan   |   #962

What is the legal way to go about changing the name of my church?

What is the legal way to go about changing the name of my church (a nonprofit corporation) to a different name?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Name Change   |   State: Georgia   |   #961

How can two individuals own property with rights to survivorship if one wants to put in a trust?

Currently, 2 individuals hold title in a piece of property as joint tenants with right of survivorship. One of the individuals wants to put their interest into a revocable trust. Can the trust and the remaining individual hold title as joint tenants with right of survivorship? If not, would the 2 entities have to hold title as tenants in common?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Trusts   |   State: Arizona   |   #960

Can I be evicted if I have paid my rent in advance?

I rented a room from a lady and paid the rent in advance. Six days before the end of the month, she tried to change the locks. She has now given me a three day notice to quit. What are my rights?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: California   |   #959

Is it legal for me at 18 to move into my 17 year old girlfriend's parent's house?

I am 18 years old and I want to know if it is illegal for me to move in with my 17 year old girlfriend’s parents and sleep in different rooms in the state of Oregon?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Minors   |   State: Oregon   |   #958

Where can I find information about overtime pay for salaried employees?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Employment   |   State: ALL   |   #957

Do I need my incarcerated ex's approval for my husband to adopt my daughter?

I have questions about an adoption and name change for my 16 year old daughter. My husband, who is legally her stepfather, has been her provider and father since we started dating in 1993 and were later married in 1995. We have been married for almost 12 years and he is the only father that she knows. Her biological father has not provided for her since 1993 and has been i...

01/31/2007   |   Category: Adoption   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #924

Does Ohio have a homestead law?

Does Ohio have a homestead law?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Real Property   |   State: Ohio   |   #922

How can we force the carpenter to return the antique or pay for the value of it?

My wife's grandmother died and left her a family heirloom (dresser) of which we do not know the value. We took it to a bona fide refinisher and carpenter who has scheduled six separate deliveries with us not once delivering our dresser or calling to inform they were not delivering. We have not paid anything but it has been over two months since the first delivery was scheduled...

01/31/2007   |   Category: Civil Actions » Conversion   |   State: Texas   |   #921