Legal Questions and Answers

In the case of a will, if named heirs are deceased, do the assets go to the children of the heirs?

In the case of a will, if named heirs are deceased, do the assets go to the children of the heirs, or are the assets divided among the remaining living heirs?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Mississippi   |   #1207

Does Pennsylvania follow the Uniform Premarital Agreement Act?

Does Pennsylvania follow the Uniform Premarital Agreement Act? A modified version? A state version?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Marriage » Premarital A...   |   State: Pennsylvania   |   #1206

How long does an executor have before a will is read?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Georgia   |   #1205

How do we get a tenant to move who was suppose to already be gone?

Our tenant gave her 30 day notice to move on January 4th. She was suppose to move today, but has not. We are first time landlords. How do we get her out of the home? We have new tenant waiting to move in.

01/31/2007   |   Category: Landlord Ten... » Lease Termin...   |   State: Tennessee   |   #1204

Where can I get information about the Brady Law?

Where can I get information about the Brady Law and if your company has the so-called “Brady Motion”?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Criminal   |   State: Florida   |   #1203

What is the legal age for a child to leave home?

What is the legal age for a child to leave home? If the circumstances are grave for the child, can another parent go and take the child if there were never any custody arrangement between the two parents, and one of the parents took the child out of state without the other parent’s consent years ago?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Virginia   |   #1202

What can I do if my spouse lied about me in court?

If one spouse lies (gives false testimony) in court about what the other spouse did and/or said, what steps should be taken by the spouse who did not give the false testimony?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Courts » Pleadings   |   State: California   |   #1201

Are there situations that damages triple when your civil rights have been violated?

When your constitutional rights have been violated pursuant to 42USC 1983 doesn't the amount of damages "triple"?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Civil Rights   |   State: Kentucky   |   #1198

Where do you file for divorce if you have moved from the state you were married in?

If you were married and lived in Louisiana but now reside in Arkansas after a long separation, can you file in either state or do you have to file ( divorce) in the same state you were married.

01/31/2007   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Arkansas   |   #1193

Do I have to provide my bank and personal identification information on apartment application?

With a apartment application the landlord wants my personal information. Social Security Number, DL Number and my bank name, Account number. Is that legal, I dont know these people to give them that kind of personal information. Can I leave that blank and give them all the referances they need?

01/31/2007   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Iowa   |   #1182