Legal Questions and Answers

Can I have shared custory of my child with my family due to my medical condition?

While living, can I have shared custody with another person other than my child's father? My family is incompetent and I have medical problems that may, someday, prevent me from caring for my child properly.

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Mississippi   |   #78

How do I find information on an eviction case already filed?

How do I find legal status on tenant/landlord (eviction), summons and court case already filed in the Superior Court of California, Orange County? What is the next step to evict?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: California   |   #77

Who is in charge of a Widower's estate when there is no will made before death?

Who is in charge of a Widower's estate when there is no will made before death, and when there are three adult children?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Arkansas   |   #76

Is new appraisal required to sell property due to time that has passed since death?

Owner of real property was deceased intestate Sept. 2005 and administrator appointed. Appraisal completed 7 months ago. Is new appraisal required to sell property due to time beyond one year since deceased became deceased?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: California   |   #75

Do I file for divorce in the state I was married or the state I live in?

I was married in SC in 1996 or 1997 and now live is WI. Which state do I have to file for divorce in?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #74

How do you get your belongings if the landlord has locked you out?

If landlord will not allow you to get your belongings, and he precedes to lock you out, what recourse do you have? He has not responded to letters and has not closed the lease.

01/03/2007   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Oregon   |   #73

Does the father petitioning the adoption have to be present at the hearing if he is at war in Iraq?

I'm a Marine judge advocate representing a Marine domiciled in OK who wants to adopt his stepson. Currently, Marine in Iraq; family stationed on Okinawa last two years. Biological father surrendered parental rights years ago. Can Marine proceed with adoption in OK without personal appearance using a proxy (mother) with a power of attorney?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #72

If I was jointly on my mother's bank accounts, do they pass to me now that she is deceased?

Father passed away Sept. 22, 2005. Mother then came and lived with me in October of 2005 and has lived with me ever since. She sold her house and ended up with almost $54,000. She gave each of the 3 siblings $10,000. In the meantime, when she came to Florida from New York to live with me, she told me that if anything ever happened to her, her money would be mine since the other...

01/03/2007   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Florida   |   #71

I do not know where my husband is so how do I file for divorce?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #70

What do I have to do to open a pet store?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Animals   |   State: Arkansas   |   #69