Legal Questions and Answers

What is the legal age to establish emancipation in Louisiana?

What is the legal age to establish emancipation in Louisiana? Does the law vary by the parish?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Minors » Emancipation...   |   State: Louisiana   |   #54

Where can I find information on purchasing property with past due taxes?

There is a form that I am looking for from a seminar that I went to. I think you can purchase property at auction regarding tax liens that are levied on the property when owners are past due on their property taxes. How is that accomplished and where do you get the information regarding the process?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Taxes   |   State: Georgia   |   #53

How long does a Judge have to rule a motion for judicial release?

When you file a motion for judicial release after serving the mandatory 5 years of a 6 year sentencing, is there a limited time allowed as to when the Judge makes his ruling in favor or in denial of the motion?

01/02/2007   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: Ohio   |   #52

Are people divorcing in Ohio required to liquidate all assets such as a rental property?

Our landlords have started filing for divorce. The current lease will be up in a month. We want to ask the landlords to mutually sign for an extended lease of one year. But, given the circumstances and the fact we feel our landlords are under financial hardship right now, could the extended year lease by terminated at any time based on a hardship clause derived from bankruptcy,...

11/30/2006   |   Category: Divorce » Property Set...   |   State: ALL   |   #23

Is parental consent of absent parent required for the name change of a minor?

Is parental consent required for the name change of a minor from a parent whose parental rights have been terminated? Is physical presence in Oklahoma required, or can an agent with a power of attorney appear in court on behalf of the minor (residing overseas military) for a name change?

11/30/2006   |   Category: Real Property » Mortgage Sat...   |   State: Alabama   |   #20