Legal Questions and Answers

Who is in charge of a Widower's estate when there is no will made before death?

Who is in charge of a Widower's estate when there is no will made before death, and when there are three adult children?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Arkansas   |   #76

Is new appraisal required to sell property due to time that has passed since death?

Owner of real property was deceased intestate Sept. 2005 and administrator appointed. Appraisal completed 7 months ago. Is new appraisal required to sell property due to time beyond one year since deceased became deceased?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Wills and Es... » Probate   |   State: California   |   #75

Do I file for divorce in the state I was married or the state I live in?

I was married in SC in 1996 or 1997 and now live is WI. Which state do I have to file for divorce in?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Wisconsin   |   #74

How do you get your belongings if the landlord has locked you out?

If landlord will not allow you to get your belongings, and he precedes to lock you out, what recourse do you have? He has not responded to letters and has not closed the lease.

01/03/2007   |   Category: Landlord Tenant   |   State: Oregon   |   #73

Does the father petitioning the adoption have to be present at the hearing if he is at war in Iraq?

I'm a Marine judge advocate representing a Marine domiciled in OK who wants to adopt his stepson. Currently, Marine in Iraq; family stationed on Okinawa last two years. Biological father surrendered parental rights years ago. Can Marine proceed with adoption in OK without personal appearance using a proxy (mother) with a power of attorney?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce » Child Custody   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #72

If I was jointly on my mother's bank accounts, do they pass to me now that she is deceased?

Father passed away Sept. 22, 2005. Mother then came and lived with me in October of 2005 and has lived with me ever since. She sold her house and ended up with almost $54,000. She gave each of the 3 siblings $10,000. In the meantime, when she came to Florida from New York to live with me, she told me that if anything ever happened to her, her money would be mine since the other...

01/03/2007   |   Category: Wills and Estates   |   State: Florida   |   #71

I do not know where my husband is so how do I file for divorce?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce   |   State: Oklahoma   |   #70

What do I have to do to open a pet store?

01/03/2007   |   Category: Animals   |   State: Arkansas   |   #69

How do I divorce my husband who was deported 10 years ago and I have not heard from since?

My husband left town, possibly the country, he was deported, about 10 years ago. How can I divorce him? He has never made an attempt to contact me.

01/03/2007   |   Category: Divorce » Where to File   |   State: California   |   #68

How do I file complaints against the Judge and Attorney in my divorce case?

I, as the respondent, recently went through a divorce and was not awarded one thing. My wealthy husband told me that he paid everyone off including the judge, and the attorney that drew up our settlement agreement. I can prove that the agreement was modified after I signed it. I am filling complaints with the state bar but I need help and have no money.

01/03/2007   |   Category: Judgments   |   State: Arizona   |   #67